Whether you’re using it as a place for exercise, social gatherings or relaxation, you’re sure to get a lot of use out of your backyard pool. Unfortunately, like any well-loved feature, your pool will experience wear and tear over time, which can leave it looking neglected.
A pool remodel is a great way to revitalize any tired-looking pool and can improve both its appearance and functionality. But can you dive straight into a pool remodeling project, or are there any factors you need to consider first? The team at Miller Pools is here to answer all your questions.
What are the benefits of a pool remodel?
You might be asking, why invest in a pool renovation? As long as your pool functions well, does it matter if it looks a little worn? In addition to improving appearance, a pool remodel offers a multitude of other benefits, including:
- Improved functionality: By upgrading any old or outdated equipment, you can improve the overall functionality of your pool and extend its lifespan.
- Boost in property value: A pool is already a sought-after feature for any property and if your pool is newly renovated, this will appeal even more to prospective buyers and potentially increase your property’s value.
- Customization: Remodeling your pool allows you to update its appearance and design to be more in line with your preferences.
- Reduced maintenance: Pool technology is advancing all the time, and modernizing your pool features and equipment can result in reduced maintenance requirements to save you money in the long run.
- Increased enjoyment: Ultimately, if your pool looks fresh and modern, you’re more likely to want to spend time in it.
What aspects of my pool can I have remodeled?
If you’re considering a pool remodel but you’re not quite sure where to start, take the time to consider which areas will make the most difference when updated. This can include:
- Resurfacing: If you’ve had your pool for a while, it may have developed small leaks or cracks. Pool resurfacing will give you the chance to address any such issues, and also update its surface from classic plaster to a more modern aggregate or tile finish. Pool deck resurfacing can also refresh the area around your pool so that it complements the new pool interior.
- Tiles: Updating your pool tiling is a simple enough change that makes a massive difference. From choosing a new color to incorporating mosaic designs, replacing your pool tiles can totally transform the aesthetic of your pool.
- Additional features: Do you want a space where you can top up your tan? Or perhaps you want to add some cool features to keep the kids entertained? There are plenty of pool water features that will take your pool to the next level, including tanning ledges, pool fountains, waterfalls, and even pool fire features!
- Lights: If you don’t want the fun to stop at sunset, installing pool lights can help you get round-the-clock use out of your pool.
- Pool shape: While changing the shape of your pool is a dramatic transformation, it’s definitely a worthwhile investment. Perhaps the kids have grown up and you no longer need a shallow depth? Or maybe you prefer a more geometric shape to complement your landscaping? Whatever the reason, changing the shape of your pool is sure to breathe new life into your backyard and create a fresh look.
What factors do I need to consider before remodeling my pool?
Remodeling your pool is a big investment and it’s not a decision that should be taken lightly. Before you take the plunge, there’s a range of factors that you need to consider:
- Budget: The amount you’re willing to spend determines the scale of pool remodeling work that can be carried out. Be sure to work with a reliable contractor, like Miller Pools, who will provide you with a comprehensive quote before any work begins.
- Time of year: It’s best to plan ahead and try to schedule your renovation for spring or the beginning of summer; that way, bad weather won’t delay your project and you can still use your pool throughout the peak swimming season.
- Pool safety: Familiarize yourself with the laws in your area and ensure your new pool is compliant. For example, in Texas, all pools must be enclosed by a fence that is at least four feet tall.
- Upgrading the technology: Pool technology is advancing all the time and there are plenty of upgrades you could make to enhance energy efficiency and convenience. Thoroughly investigate what is available and talk to your contractor about the improvements you could implement.
- Pool structure: Assess the condition of your pool and determine whether any structural work needs to be carried out in addition to cosmetic upgrades.
- Choosing the best company: Research the pool companies in your area and ask for a quote. Check out their reviews and talk through your project with them to ensure you’re working with a professional who can deliver your vision.
Professional pool remodeling company in Pasadena, TX
If you’re seeking a trusted pool remodeling company to handle your project in Pasadena, Texas, get in touch with the team at Miller Pools today. With over 25 years of experience, you can be assured of a top-quality renovation that will transform your pool.